Location: Barnstaple, EX32 8NB
Salary: £10.50 Per hour
Hotel: The Imperial Hotel
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Deadline to apply: 27th February 2024
As a Porter you will assist guests with luggage on arrival and departure, as well departmental tasks and always ensure a friendly and efficient manner with all guests.
Work for Brend Collection and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Collection and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in Barnstaple.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter at The Imperial Hotel, you will be responsible for helping with guest luggage and serving bar and lounge food and drink. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests, carry luggage and show guests to their rooms.
- Complete departmental tasks which include cleaning brass, light gardening, checking light bulbs, delivering newspapers and the cleaning of all front of house areas.
- Serve hot and cold beverages in the lounge, bar or room service and provide an efficient, polite, expert and friendly service of drink and food.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance, adhering to the uniform standards at all times and maintaining professional behaviour at all times.
- Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as a Porter at The Imperial Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Collection team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Collection establishment as well as up to 50% off accommodation rates. Brend Collection are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Collection?
Brend Collection is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!