Deadline to apply: Ongoing
As a Playroom Assistant, you will provide fun and exciting activities for our younger guests. You will be responsible for planning and executing varied programmes that engage the children whilst offering stimulus for learning and progression throughout their stay. You will build relationships with the children as well as their parents, making yourself available to talk at pick-ups and drop-offs. This job would be well suited to someone studying a childcare qualification who would like to further enhance their experience or for those who have already obtained their qualifications looking for hands-on experience in a faced-paced environment. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon.
What will I be doing?
As a Playroom Assistant at Saunton Sands, you are responsible for organising and monitoring the children’s safety whilst they are in your care. You will keep records of children during their stay, making note of any tailored care they may need whether dietary or otherwise. You will also ensure to keep note of attendance, allergies, temperament and knowledge of who will drop off and collect the children. You will use the pickup and drop-off period to build relations with parents, informing them of any planned activities and any notable occurrences of the day. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Providing a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities
- Assisting in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- Ensuring deep cleaning and sanitation of toys, kitchen tools and other items before the children arrive and after they leave.
- Safeguarding will be at the forefront of your mind at all times
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Playroom Assistant at Saunton Sands, you should maintain the qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Must be compassionate and patient
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to interact with children of all ages effectively
- Ability to build relationships with parents offering reassurance
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare or be in the process of obtaining your qualification
- Have previous experience in a similar childcare environment
- Understanding of all policies and procedures relating to children in your care
- Have a current DBS or be willing to have one processed
- Have a current First Aid or Paediatric qualification (Preferred)
What’s in it for me?
There are plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, 28 days of paid holiday per year, uniform and ongoing training. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!